Saturday, February 6, 2010

Journal Entry (#2)

The information cover in the course is very interesting and I feel that I am learning new ideas. I enjoy online learning and appreciate that it is available even at the Masters level. I am a little frustrated by the number of places that I have to look for assignments. It doesn't seem that there is any order to where to look. I use the assignment schedule as a guide and then dig to make sure that I am covering what is assigned. The adjustment of not monitoring a discussion has also caused some confusion. Our group is working together well but we have had some confusion on the posting of our group work. We will persevere!

Operant Conditioning - from http://www.answers.com/topic/operant-conditioning I found a defiition in a pretty simplistic form: "Learning based upon the consequences of behavior". Looking at this definition I can see how it relates to so many things in our lives. From not speeding (to avoid a ticket) to following directions in school as we grow (to stay out of the deans office) to even our home life where we set rules and boundries. There are some distinct differences as we look at the previous examples. Some of them, the consequences are out of our control, others in our homes are. So our consequences of behavior can be controled in some instances and in others not.

No comments: